Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Shopping Temptation

I love to shop. I admit it. I tend to buy things just because I can; an excuse that seems less stable than my sling backs. Even when I am best intended, the universe seems to intervene.
The other day on my way to a business appointment,I found myself in the garden of eden or here on earth, Henri Bendels. Inevitably, I give in to the gravitational pull and am led astray by a handsome makeup artist named Lorenzo. Before I knew it, my entire face was done and I was charging a conspicuous amount of cosmetics irregardless of price or necessity. Just to prove that the universe has a sense of humor, I had been on the way to promote my new book, Give it Up, My Year of Learning to Live Better with Less. Perhaps, Oscar Wilde said it best, "I can resist anything but temptation!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home