Thursday, November 17, 2005

STORE YOUR STUFF

George Carlin has a bit about people's stuff and moving to bigger apartments, then to houses to make more room for their growing supply of "stuff." As a professional organizer, I deal with other people's stuff all the time and have found this to be true. Just the other day, while working with a client, I discovered 15 of the same exact brown handbag. Is that really a necessity? Probably not, since most of them still had the price tags on them. I am familiar with this problem, because I am a recovering shopaholic. In fact, at the height of my addiction, I was buying the same item over and over again not realizing that the same black top resided in my closet in pristine condition. Today, I offer a solution for all that stuff. If you like retail, like I love retail, then treat your own closet like a retail store. And that begins, with good old fashioned inventory. Take stock of what you have literally before heading out to the store: group like items together and start an inventory sheet. You will be surprised to find out how much you already have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home