Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thank you Oprah!!!

I love Oprah and I was so pleased to see her show on Thursday where she challenged two families to "give something up" for two weeks. I love it, this is exactly the point I was making when I decided to give something up, once a month for a year, a journey that was chronicled in my first book Give it Up! My Year of Learning to Live Better with Less. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Give-It-up/Mary-Carlomagno/e/9780060789800/?itm=4

Living with less is way of life and something that is contagious, I love that the spirit of the book is continuing as a movement. Bravo to living with less and Bravo to Oprah for highlighting this on her program.

6 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

There was an obvious problem with that episode: That you weren't on it! Sheesh, O's talent scouts gotta get on the stick!

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mary,

I completely agree. I think we the people may not always realize how good we have it in America (yes, even in the midst of a tough economy).

Personally, I feel I still have too much "stuff" cluttering my life. My mantra is "Simplify" or "Live Simply." Professionally in my work as a coach, I provide space for my clients to identify and focus on the meaningful issues in their lives and look beyond all the clutter, to let go of the little things and work towards the big things.

Thanks, once again, for being a great example and showing us that we really gain when we give things up.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration showing how "Giving it up" can bring true happiness and abundance into your life.

Congratulations on your success!

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm giving up sugar right now--it's amazing how aware it is making me about what I put in my mouth. The other upsides are that I feel more clear-headed, energetic, and optimistic than I've been in years!

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary,
It's a wonderful topic – rich for all sorts of discussion. I would love to hear more.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Order Period said...

I am really excited that the topic is gaining steam. I believe strongly that it is the next step after Green!

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home