Monday, November 21, 2005

EXTREME MAKEUNDER

Standing in the Starbucks in designer shoes purchasing $5 coffee while talking on my cell phone, I pondered, would it be possible to live better with less? What I discovered was that eliminating unnecessary aspects of my life would bring a more richer existence eventually leading to big time changes. I underwent an extreme make under. Month by month, I eliminated one thing in my life that I held most important, beginning in January with alcohol. Over the course of the year, I came to a deeper understanding of my wants vs. my needs as well as deprivation vs. sacrifice. Coffee, chocolate, elevators, cell phones, multitasking, dining out, newspapers, television, taxis, cursing and shopping rounded out my year of learning to live better with less. The result a book, entitled Give it Up!" which chronicles the journey which would profoundly change my life. Immediately after my year of paring down, I left my job of 14 years, started my own company, got a book deal, got married and bought my first home! Talk about less is more!
"Give it Up! My Year of Learning to Live Better with Less." is available for pre-order from Amazon and Powells now or through www.orderperiod.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home