Monday, March 13, 2006

Is Everyone shopping?

At times, having an addiction, albeit a shopping addiction can be a lonely road. Each day, I fight the daily temptations: commercials for Old Navy, emails from DSW and catalogues from Bloomingdales. Each day offers a new opportunity, a new sale or a new shipment.
In an effort to escape it all, I tune into the new season of HBO; perhaps some edgy cable television sans commercials will take me away from the temptation of the shop?
As if fate was toying with me, the Sopranos features Carmela sporting her latest accessory, a sporty little porsche, a big shop indeed! The new series, Big Love, a program about Mormons followed suit by featuring a shopaholic who charges thousands of dollars on her husband's credit card!
Is it just me or is everyone shopping?
And while it is comforting to know that you are not alone, it still boils down to the same thing. Addiction, in any form is an uphill battle fought daily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home