Monday, March 06, 2006

Lent for one year?

At this time of year, people are talking about giving things up. I know I am. Growing up catholic, I was encouraged to give something up for Lent. Even then, I chose waistline impacters, like chocolate or ice cream, a trend that continues today, I still take Lent seriously. Lent now can be a multitasker, dietary restriction and spirtual sacrifice.

The fact is, whatever your religion, you can take part in the spirit of sacrifice. And while this year, desert is a no no for the next 40 days, I decided to also take on challenge, to be more positive. This year I am relearning another childhood lesson, if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything at all.
Perhaps those lessons of childhood are pretty good after all?
For more inspiration, check out my book "Give It Up! My Year of Learning to Live Better with Less!" where I talk about giving something up every month, extending lent for one year.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea! I am also Catholic and the spirit of sacrifice has really made me a stronger and better person.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home