Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Good Morning Clutter!

Even though I pride myself on being uber organized, after all that is what I do for a living, at times, the process can be a little overwhelming!

That was the case last night, when after a long day and night of appointments, I returned home with my arms full. Reading material, items for clients, umbrella and hand bag were sufficiently drenched after battling an evening rain storm. I left all at the front door and headed to the bedroom to prepare for a much needed sleep.

As soon as I got up this morning, I faced the piles. Like a busy waitress working her section I begin to take the trips necessary to return all the items. I cannot work with all that clutter around me.
What I noticed is like that busy waitress, I never waste a trip. I take my boots back to the closet and return water glasses from the bedroom back to the kitchen. While making my bed, I put a sweater in the dresser on other side of the bed. When gathering the mail, I pop oatmeal into the oven and grab my vitamins.

I know that returning calls and emails willl occupy the morning. I also know that I cannot work in chaos. In about 15 minutes, I clear the clutter physically making way for a mentally clutter free day! As I write this blog, all of my items have been returned to their homes. And like a good waitress who serves her clients, I have made the time to feed myself as well. Morning organization takes a bit of focus and a bit of time, but the rewards are great! Try it for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home