Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I wish I had more time to...

It occurs to me after listening to friends, family and my clients that we all have too much on our collective plates. We chat on our cell phones, listen to podcasts, text message our boss all while purchasing our Starbucks Latte.
Seems like with all this technology, we should be living more productive lives. In fact the opposite happens. The main complaint I hear over and over again is "I wish I had more time to..." There in lies the problem, the elusive, dot, dot, dot, the thing we never, no matter how much we work over time and mutlitask, can get to.

As we near the holiday season and we begin to stuff our holiday dinner plates and our holiday schedules with more than we can handle, I reccomend beginning with the dot, dot, dot.
Make the thing you love, the priority. Make an effort to find time, even if that means that something will get pushed til tomorrow.

For me, a slice of Dutch Apple pie pre-Turkey just might do the trick, for others a yoga class, even others a good read or an autumn walk. The point is to pick your priority. As we enter this busiest of seasons, start on Thanksgiving to change the schedule. Simply say "Pass the priorities, please!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home