Monday, November 28, 2005

Pure Unadulterated Retail

Before I could even dry the last turkey platter and put away my Miles Standish figurines, it seems that it is already time to break out the jingle bells. And while I applaud the efforts to prolong the joyous season,I have my doubts. Afterall, people are not knocking themselves over at 5 am Walmart sales to share the holiday spirit. The season is pure unadulterated retail! My large family is the perfect example. Each year, we pick one name to buy for. Each person writes their name on a piece of a paper and then a few suggestions. My husband and I compared our notes later. Each of my brothers, leaving nothing to chance had asked for gift cards and a list of suggested retailers. This only gives further support to my theory that the same Lord and Taylor gift card has been making it's way through my family for the past five years. Even though it may lack imagination, everyone gets to pick the gift they want and enjoy some post holiday markdowns as well. I wonder is the gift card just another way to extend the retail season? Happy shopping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home