Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Old School

Much to the dismay of my family and friends, I, like a good girl scout, prefer to be prepared. At this time of year, while many people are concentrating on stocking stuffers, my thoughts leap ahead to January 1 when I can begin a brand new day planner! Flipping through the final calendar pages in December becomes more and more noticeable with each passing day making me realize that I need a new planner!

Birthdays, addresses, anniversaries will all need to be transferred, tasks that need advance planning for sure. I must start the selection process at once and I could not be more thrilled!

This love of stationery products began in grammar school with the introduction of the Trapper Keeper by Mead. This state of the art notebook forever changed the way I view all paper related products. So much so that I still reject the advice of wise speaking techies bent on converting me to a Palm or Blackberry. I remain the holdout.

Shopping for and ultimately selecting the perfect planner needs a plan of it's own, much like back to school shopping does. And since my school days are well behind me, I relish the start of a new date book as my fresh start. And so the online research begins which will eventually lead to visits at my locals: The Container Store, Filofax and Coach. Finally, at Kate's Paperie, a final choice will be made.

This truly is the most wonderful time of the year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home