Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Frenzied is Not Festive

In an effort to get a jump on the season,I decided to be the first kid on the block to host a holiday party. Because I am not one to scrimp on details, the planning of the menu, layout of the room, and shopping were all handled in meticulous fashion.

Even with all that planning, the day of the party, I was still feeling frenzied.

But , why?

The reason is quite simple, I don't like surprises. They make me nervous.

I was soon to realize that not eveything in life can be planned. With too much forethought, I would not have been surprised by all the wonderful housewarming gifts and the friends that traveled long distances. These kinds of surprises I can handle. And as if a Christmas miracle took over, I moved from frenzied to festive.

Afterall, the idea of the holiday get together is the get together part, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home