Friday, December 02, 2005

Shopping friends

One of the most important things in my life are my friends. Not surprisingly, we surround ourselves with people that are like minded and share our interests.

A group of like minded friends and I were sharing our common interests the other day on a shopping trip to the Woodbury commons Outlet Mall. My friend Babs was as they "just along for the ride." She cautioned everyone in the car to "please do not let me buy anything!" A friend in need can be a friend indeed!

The other day, my mother in law, sister in law and I decided to get an early start on holiday shopping. My sister in law shared that she was up for the trip, but purely for the comradery, she really did not want to buy anything! "Holy willpower!"

I can only surmise that shopping perhaps does not always lead to buying. This, I must admit is a revolutionary concept for me. But more than that, I realize that shopping as bonding can be as powerful as purchase power! Both outings were fulfilling. We had time to talk and catch up on what was new in each other's lives.

In this frenzied world, I say take the time when you can, even if it is among the retail racks.

I might be hooked on a new addiction...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home